What makes up an electricity price
Since opening of the electricity market, the payment for electricity depends on various factors – the selected product, consumption and even the type of connection.
Your total payment for electricity is made up of multiple components:
- electricity price that we offer to you as your selected trader;
- payment for transmission and distribution system services, set for all customers by Sadales tīkls AS;
- payment for mandatory procurement and capacity components which is set and controlled by the state.
- Also the value-added tax of 21% is applied on the total payment for electricity.
Each of these parts is made up of several components
The total electricity price is determined by the selected type of product. The product type determines:
- electricity price for one kWh;
- for specific products – also a fixed monthly payment (Elektrum Izdevīgais 600+; Elektrum Izdevīgais 200+, as well as products with Elektrum Apdrošināts).
The payment for transmission and distribution system services is composed of two parts:
- payment for electricity supply (price for one kWh);
- payment for ensuring of connection or for the current value of the input protection device (fixed payment, which depends on the number of phases and the current value of the input protection device).
In its turn, the payment for mandatory procurement and capacity components is made up of:
- mandatory procurement component (price per kWh);
- capacity component (a fixed payment, which depends on the number of phases and the currency of the inlet protection device).
NB! Since the total payment for electricity is composed both of the price for consumed kilowatt-hour and a fixed payment, dividing monthly consumption with the sum of electricity bill, it is impossible to calculate the price for 1 kilowatt-hour!